Dyn2d a JavaFX rendering engine with physics

Posts that don't fit into other categories.
angrynerd

Dyn2d a JavaFX rendering engine with physics

Postby angrynerd » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 am

First of all I want to thank William for this. His work with dyn4j was a huge inspiration for this project. This was a previous project that started as a game engine. I took it down for a while to work out all the bugs and re-branded it after I realized it had far more potential uses.

I give you Dyn2d a physics based 2D rendering engine for JavaFX. This is a rendering package with full support for input and audio. The package also comes with a scene builder tool that allows you to rapidly develop 2D scenes. It's built with JavaFX so you can extend your application to use all of the controls available in JavaFX. This will be the first long term supported release. I have plans to extend it out in the future.

You can download the package with full source code from here and check out a short video of the Dyn2d Scene Builder in action.

https://www.angrycomputernerd.com/dyn2d.html
Last edited by angrynerd on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Dyn2d a JavaFX rendering engine with physics

Postby William » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Nice work. I didn't examine any code, but be careful not to use pixel units, that could be why things are falling so slowly.

Just a heads up, the youtube video link is broken, but the video on your site seems to work.

angrynerd

Re: Dyn2d a JavaFX rendering engine with physics

Postby angrynerd » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:59 am

William wrote:Nice work. I didn't examine any code, but be careful not to use pixel units, that could be why things are falling so slowly.

Just a heads up, the youtube video link is broken, but the video on your site seems to work.

You have a scale option in the camera class. By default you start with a scale of 1 and standard pixel for pixel size. You can change the camera scale to increase or decrease the shapes. I usually find a scale between 20 and 25 times works well and doesn't require large amount of forces to move objects.

Everything has been tested thoroughly and I'm in the process of creating a small video game right now. The only thing I'll probably replace is the JavaFX audio library it's just doesn't handle multiple audio clips well.

I moved the video to my website I'll remove the link.

Return to “General Discussion”